The Circle of Congregations for Teaching and Learning is a project of the Church Services division of All Belong that is supported by the Calvin Institute of Christian Worship. It is a cohort of congregations from around the U.S. already using innovative practices to worship, learn, fellowship and serve with people of all abilities. Each congregation is participating in the following ways:
- Two representatives from each congregation attend a 2 1/2 day consultation event in Grand Rapids, MI filled with networking, training, inspiration, and discussion.
- Each congregation commits to learning with and from one another throughout 12 months. Engagement in the Circle of Congregations consists of:
- Partner membership with All Belong. This provides access to All Belong’s Member resource library as well as the Together curriculum for use within the participating congregation. Member partners also benefit from training, consulting, and other support from All Belong.
- Discussion groups, book studies, and collaborative projects (such as those which have become resources seen below).
- Presentations and resources provided by All Belong on specific topics at the fall event and online throughout the year.
- Sharing best practices for building belonging for people of all abilities. This sharing begins with one another at the fall gathering in Grand Rapids and continues through online opportunities, conferences, and other platforms beyond this Circle.
Each congregation comes with a unique perspective, background, cultural experience, and setting. This fills the circle with richness. It is our hope that this circle fuels the innovative inclusion of persons of all abilities in congregations everywhere.