Mental Health Series Session 5
This page is part of a larger series titled Mental Health: Conversations & Education. To see the full list of topics, and to download the entire series as a PDF, visit the Mental Health Series page.
Topic: AD/HD, OCD & Eating Disorders
- Jessica McCabe “This is what it’s really like to live with ADHD” (17:13)
- Holderness Family “ADHD” song (3:42)
Handouts/ Q & A
From All Belong Center for Inclusive Education:
Talk about the opening video and contents of the handout(s). Have a mental health professional take a few general questions.
- Is our church signage clear?
- Where could we implement one-point messages and one thing to do?
- Are there spaces in our church that have too much stimulation and information to process?
Scripture: Romans 12:3-13
(Optional) Personal Story
If you have invited someone to share for 5 minutes, now is the time for that.
Thought to take with you: “The experience I have had is that once you start talking about (experiencing a mental health struggle) you realize that you’re actually part of quite a big club.” (Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex)
Prayer: Dear merciful and gracious God, thank-you for teaching us about challenging diagnosis like ADHD, OCD, eating disorders and more. Help us to be compassionate with and supportive of persons who cope with life differently than we do. Help us see beyond behaviors and view God’s handiwork and gifts in all people.
- From All Belong:
- NAMI handouts:
- How to ADHD YouTube channel: com/channel/UC-nPM1_kSZf91ZGkcgy_95Q)
- The Holderness Family “ADHD” song: com/watch?v=Zvqx9DfG9lU
- Eating Disorders -article by Ministry Matters: https://www.ministrymatters.com/all/entry/6496/eating-disorders