The Circle of Congregations is a 2-year project of the Church Services division of All Belong and supported by Calvin Institute of Christian Worship. It encompasses approximately 30 hand-picked congregations from around the U.S. already using innovative practices to include people of all abilities. Each congregation is participating in the following ways:
- Two representatives from each congregation attending a consultation event in November of 2019 and 2020 where networking, training, inspiration and discussion fill 2.5 days at the Prince Conference Center at Calvin University in Grand Rapids, MI.
- Each congregation committed to learning with and from one another through:
- Interest groups where a focus topic unites discussion and innovation, leading to the group compiling and creating resources in that topic area.
- Presentations and resources provided by All Belong on specific topics (at the November events and online)
- Sharing best practices from the congregations (such as in presentations to the public, articles and blog posts, and making materials available online)
Each congregation comes with a unique perspective, background, cultural experience and setting, filling the project with richness. It is our hope that this project fuels innovative inclusion of persons of all abilities in congregations everywhere.