The Circle of Congregations is an initiative orchestrated by the Church Services division of All Belong and supported by Calvin Institute of Christian Worship. It encompasses congregations from around the U.S. already using innovative practices to include people of all abilities.
Each congregation is participating in the following ways:
- Two representatives from each congregation attending a consultation event in the fall where networking, training, inspiration, and discussion fill 2.5 days at the Prince Conference Center at Calvin University in Grand Rapids, MI.
- Each congregation committed to learning with and from one another through:
- Presentations and resources provided by All Belong on specific topics (at the fall events and online)
- Book studies in small groups (meetings held online)
- Sharing best practices from the congregations (such as in presentations to the public, articles and blog posts, and making materials available online)
- Collaborative projects creating resources for churches.
Each congregation comes with a unique perspective, background, cultural experience, and setting, filling the project with richness. It is our hope that this project fuels the innovative inclusion of persons of all abilities in congregations everywhere. See more about the 2021 event in the video below and on this webpage, where resources developed by the Circle are also housed.